Around one in ten young people being treated for drug and alcohol problems have disclosed that they have been sexually exploited.
Sexual exploitation of children and young people under 18 involves exploitative situations, contexts and relationships where young people (or a third person or persons) receive 'something' (e.g. food, accommodation, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, affection, gifts, money) as a result of them performing, and/or another or others performing on them, sexual activities.
The figures for under 18 year-olds were released in 2015 and it is said that the data from Public Health England, is very significant and but is "just the tip of the iceberg" because most children and teenagers are frightened to disclose that they are sexual abuse victims.
The most effective way to help these young people is to proficient at recognising the indicators for both substance misuse and CSE. Whilst also being able to identify the links between using substances and sexual exploitation.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Legal Situation
- Guidance & Child Protection
- Risk Factors – Understanding the Experience
- Defining Sexual Exploitation & Extent - Reports & Research
- The links with Substance Use
- How to work with young people – Review of Resources
- Understanding the Context of Sexual Exploitation – The Grooming Process
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Sexual Exploitation of Young People
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.