Safeguarding Responder Training - this course was previously known as safeguarding level 3.
This course is for Managers and Designated Safeguarding Officers. It is recommended that the awareness course is attended first as the focus of this course is to equip managers with the confidence and ability to make safeguarding decisions, referrals and support staff on the front line.
Safeguarding Responder builds on the information from the awareness course. However it has a more strategic focus by considering the needs of organisations, managers and designated safeguarding officers when undertaking their safeguarding responsibility.
The course adds more detail to the underpinning principles, legislation, guidance and reasons for abuse. It then expands to cover how to effectively support staff, responds to reports of abuse and promoting the organisations safeguarding culture.
The course has been developed with a variety of managerial staff based on what information they needed to fulfil their legislative responsibilities and provide the best possible support to their staff team.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Values & Attitudes
- Legislation and guidance and how it relates to organisations policy for responding to safeguarding concerns
- The role of the designated safeguarding officer
- Key areas of responsibility & how these link to organisations Policies, procedures, reporting and recording
- Recording and sharing of information
- Emotional resilience
- Effective supervision of staff
- Promoting organisations safeguarding culture
- Accessing support internally & externally
- Responding to staff reporting concerns about other staff, customers, family, community
- Explore the disclosure of abuse and responding effectively to a someone who does disclose
This course involves completion of a workbook to increase retention and enable reflective practice. Additional detail can be included / enhanced or excluded depending on the audience, including:
- Adults at Risk
- Child Protection
- Young People
- BME Groups
- Embedded Abuse
- Other levels
Safeguarding Update training
Themed depending on current organisational and/or team need. Including current safeguarding issues, updates to legislation and the changing safeguarding landscape.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Safeguarding Responder
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.