The government guidance document Working Together 2015 states that that one of the key responsibilities of organisations is 'A senior board level lead to take leadership responsibility for the organisation's safeguarding arrangements'. For charities the charity commission 2016 have interpreted the statement and said 'Trustees of charities which work with vulnerable groups, must always act in their best interests and ensure they take all reasonable steps to prevent harm to them.'
Having safeguards in place within an organisation not only protects and promotes the welfare of children but also it enhances the confidence of trustees, staff, volunteers, parents/carers and the general public.
The charity commission is clear that it is not enough for trustees to say that they have delegated their safeguarding role to the managers, staff and volunteers they have recruited. Whilst these officers undoubtedly have a vital role to play in keeping people safe, the trustee board itself has to take active responsibility for this too – otherwise the organisation is falling short of the legislative standards of safety required.
This course is aims to ensure Trustees understand their legal responsibility for safeguarding and their role within management committees. Including:
- Awareness of safeguarding issues that can emerge
- An organisations safeguarding responsibility
- Assessing and changing your charities safeguarding landscape
- Information sharing rules
- Legislation and implications
- The importance of 'safer' recruitment
- Identify next steps for your organisation
Organisations who work with children, young people or adults at risk have a legislative and moral safeguarding obligation. We have a dedicated Safeguarding page for your viewing and you can easily check our wide range of Safeguarding Courses for full details of the courses we offer and what each one does.
Safeguarding Update training
Themed depending on current organisational and/or team need. Including current safeguarding issues, updates to legislation and the changing safeguarding landscape.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Safeguarding For Trustees
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.