Safeguarding Awareness Training - this course was previously known as safeguarding level 1.
A basic awareness course suitable for all. The course provides an overview of safeguarding, focusing specifically on types of abuse, recognising indicators of abuse and the importance of sharing information.
Workers across a wide range of organisations need to be vigilant about safeguarding concerns in all walks of life. Findings from serious case reviews have stated that if professionals or other staff had acted upon their concerns or sought more information, then death or serious harm might have been prevented.
Regardless of the safeguarding concern everyone should understand what to do, and where to go locally to get help and advice. It is vital that professionals, other staff and members of the public are vigilant on behalf of those unable to protect themselves. This will include:
1. Knowing about different types of abuse and neglect and their signs
2. Supporting people to keep safe and
3. Knowing who to tell about suspected abuse or neglect
This course is an excellent introduction or refresher for anyone working in an organisation with children, young people or adults at risk.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Understand the term Safeguarding
- Other safeguarding terminology
- Brief underpinning Legislation
- Who is at risk? Children / Young People
- Overview of organisations specific expectations, culture & responsibilities
- Different types of abuse
- Common themes within safeguarding
- Identifying indicators of abuse
This course involves completion of a workbook to increase retention and enable reflective practice. Additional detail can be included / enhanced or excluded depending on the audience, including:
- Adults at Risk
- Child Protection
- Young People
- BME Groups
- Embedded Abuse
- Other levels
Safeguarding Update training
Themed depending on current organisational and/or team need. Including current safeguarding issues, updates to legislation and the changing safeguarding landscape.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Safeguarding Awareness
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.