Safeguarding Alerter Training - this course was previously known as safeguarding level 2.
This course is for operational staff. It is recommended that the awareness course is attended first as the focus of this training is building confidence and understanding of how to report and record abuse appropriately.
Safeguarding Alerter builds on the information from the awareness course. It adds more detail to the underpinning principles, legislation, guidance and reasons for abuse. It then expands to cover different elements of safeguarding that anyone who works with vulnerable groups should have an understanding of.
The course has been developed with a variety of operational staff based on what information they needed to fulfil their legislative responsibilities and provide the best possible service to their customer group.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Legislation & Guidance (& why/how developed)
- Understand why people do not report abuse
- Deeper understanding of types of abuse
- Multiagency working including CP conferences/MARACS/MAPPA/MASH
- Know who you should report concerns to within organisation and externally
- Accessing support
- The safeguarding jigsaw
- Understanding processes
- Good quality decision making
- Values and Attitudes
- Organisations Policies, procedures, reporting & recording mechanisms
This course involves completion of a workbook to increase retention and enable reflective practice. Additional detail can be included / enhanced or excluded depending on the audience, including:
- Adults at Risk
- Child Protection
- Young People
- BME Groups
- Embedded Abuse
- Other levels
Safeguarding Update training
Themed depending on current organisational and/or team need. Including current safeguarding issues, updates to legislation and the changing safeguarding landscape.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Safeguarding Alerter
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.