This course looks at the true dilemmas and difficulties this legislation may be for some premises housing complex and marginalised people. The course includes discussion around legislative differences which impact on premises where drugs are consumed, produced or supplied and is tailored specifically to the type of premises you own or manage and the responses legally you are expected to take.
The course will consider complex customers and how to engage with them and support, encourage and then sanction as appropriate. Different classes of drugs including, psychoactive, class A/B/C, controlled and non-controlled are covered and participants are supported to understand the different response the law expects, whilst working within the organisations policy and guidance.
The course also covers the powers of the police if they suspect drugs on premises, when safe storage is allowed and what you should do with drugs if found on premises.
Organisations policy and guidance is key to this course, as although the misuse of drugs act sets out the legal standpoint the organisation decide appropriate responses.
COURSE OUTLINE / OBJECTIVES
- Principles of good housing management
- Legal Framework
- The different legal response to possession, use on premises and supply
- The different legal response to different drugs
- The moral debate – Winter Comfort
- Organisations drugs policy
- Preventing drugs on premises
- Best Practice when working with drug users
Section 8 of the Misuse of Drugs Act controls the consumption, production and supply of controlled drugs on premises. It creates a criminal liability for occupiers, workers or managers who allow their premises to be used for certain drug-related activities.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Drugs & Premises
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.