This Drug and Alcohol Awareness training course has been written to raise general awareness. It is aimed at anyone who may come into contact with individuals who may have drug and/or alcohol issues. It is an excellent first course or a refresher, useful for updating understanding, new drugs and legislation.
Drug and alcohol misuse is still an issue wrapped in myths, and often fiction gets in the way of the facts. The aim of this course is about being aware of the effects drugs and alcohol can have on your mind and body and even the way individuals live their lives. It provides candidates with an awareness of the key issues on drug and alcohol misuse.
We use a ‘drugs box’ to enable participants to recognise drugs and paraphernalia. We also explore slang terms used to describe substances.
This course familiarises participants with different types of substances, their legal status and the impact of substance abuse and addiction.
COURSE OUTLINE / OBJECTIVES
- Why abuse drugs and/or alcohol
- Explore commonly misused substances
- Rituals of substance misuse
- Impact on the body
- The Law
- Indicators of Substance use
- Treatment Pathways
- Working safely & escalating risk
Many people who work with drug and alcohol misusers do not know what drugs look like or the impact that they can have. A basic understanding helps workers assist their customers more effectively.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.