Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness - Level 1
Domestic abuse is an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour, including sexual violence, in the majority of cases by a partner or ex-partner, but also by a family member or carer.
Domestic abuse can include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Coercive control (a pattern of intimidation, degradation, isolation and control with the use or threat of physical or sexual violence)
• Psychological and/or emotional abuse
• Physical or sexual abuse
• Financial abuse
• Harassment and stalking
• Online or digital abuse
The course has been written to meet the Care Quality Commission L1 Standards. It aims to help raise awareness and increase recognition of domestic abuse and sexual violence. It is an introduction and is aimed at individuals who know little about the subject area.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Defining Domestic Abuse
- Defining Sexual Violence
- Attitudes and values
- Identifying indicators of Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness - Level 1
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.