Domestic abuse is an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour, including sexual violence, in the majority of cases by a partner or ex-partner, but also by a family member or carer.
Domestic abuse can include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Coercive control (a pattern of intimidation, degradation, isolation and control with the use or threat of physical or sexual violence)
• Psychological and/or emotional abuse
• Physical or sexual abuse
• Financial abuse
• Harassment and stalking
• Online or digital abuse
The course has been written to meet the Care Quality Commission L2 standards. It aims to help professionals understand the impact of DA & SV, have a toolbox of ways to respond to situations and to know the next steps for assessment and safety planning. It is an advanced course and is aimed at individuals who work with people at risk of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Refresher on defining and identifying indicators of Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (DA & SV)
- The impact of DA of those who experience it and the effect on behaviours and choices
- Explore the impact on parents, children and males as victims
- Understanding and responding to the additional needs of vulnerable groups
- Reflection on own values and beliefs in relation to professional responses to DA
- Explore links between grooming and DA & SV (including grooming of workers and disguised compliance)
- Safety planning and other safeguarding tools for workers
- Importance of assessment when working with victims and perpetrators of DA (including MARAC, RiC, local & organisation procedures)
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Level 2
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.