Following the introduction of the Disclosure and Barring Service in December 2012, there have been a number of changes to barring and criminal record checks. This training has been developed to provide organisations working with children,young people, families and adults at risk as a resource to support them with the new responsibilities of safer recruitment, including decision-making related to the level of supervision and checking required for different roles.
In responding to this cultural change, organisations must effectively assess and manage risk in order to keep people safe whilst at the same time balance this with the need to offer opportunities for them to provide a service in which individuals have the opportunity to thrive and develop.
Whilst many groups and organisations will welcome the opportunity to make their own decisions on safeguarding matters, it may feel like rather a daunting process for others.
Remember that you are not alone in having concerns about these changes and how they may impact on your organisation’s practice.
You may feel that you are struggling to adapt at the moment, but as you get used to the changes you will develop more confidence in making decisions about how to keep people safer.
The training includes case examples to help you think things through on a practical level and identify any changes your organisation could make to improve safeguarding practice related to checking and supervision.
The course is beneficial for individuals involved in recruitment of staff and volunteers and covers the legal requirement relevant to anybody involved in the recruitment of people who work with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
COURSE OUTLINE / OBJECTIVES
- Explore the DBS application process
- Discuss the implication of this change for risk management
- Raise awareness of cultural changes needed within organisations when using Disclosure & Barring Service
- Consider the Jigsaw approach to safer recruitment
- Explore all 8 steps of safe recruitment
- Increase confidence in undertaking recruitment processes
- The opportunity to work through organisation specific scenarios
Gain the safeguarding skills you need to better protect children while recruiting staff and volunteers to roles in education.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Safer Recruitment
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.