Partnership approaches are largely built on the premise that no single agency can deal with, or be responsible for dealing with, complex community safety and crime problems. There are a range of ways of describing what constitutes a partnership approach; however it can be described in simple terms as a cooperative relationship between two or more organisations to achieve a common goal.
Partnership approaches to tackling crime and supporting offenders to change their lives are now strongly embedded in the way in which local areas in England and Wales approach community safety. (The Crime and Disorder Act 1998).
However, support agencies need to have an understanding of an offenders journey in order to be most effective. This includes understanding the Criminal Justice System, the process and potential impact.
This course will develop professional knowledge and confidence when working with customers and agencies within the criminal justice system. Including:
- Restorative Justice
- The role of Government departments including MOJ & the Home Office
- The role and responsibilities of Police, Courts, Probation and the voluntary sector
- Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements, MARAC, Sex Offender Registration
- Multi agency working with Criminal Justice agencies
- The criminal justice journey for customers
- Different elements of the Criminal Justice System & its role in detecting crime and bringing it to justice; carrying out the orders of court, such as collecting fines, and supervising community and custodial punishment.
- Improved understanding of the different elements of the Criminal Justice System
- Confidence to liaise & develop good working relationships with Criminal Justice agencies
- Knowledge of Criminal Justice process to enable more informed support with customers
This session allows participants to explore the fundamentals of the criminal justice system within the UK and supporting them to understand the criminal justice journey for customers. There is lots of room for sharing knowledge and experience throughout the interactive session to take back into working practice.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » The Criminal Justice System
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.