All support workers have the opportunity to positively change their customers lives. The technique, understanding and approach they take is key.
This course has been designed to cover all the basics that a new support worker will need to keep themselves safe, build appropriate relationships and manage difficult conversations.
An amalgamation of 3 subjects half day courses lone working, professional boundaries and managing difficult conversations the session is interactive to generate discussion, understanding and best practise.
This course is designed for new support workers or a refresher of current techniques.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Describe key principles and best practice in terms of responsibilities under H&S/Lone Working.
- Have an awareness of regulations and legal requirements.
- Create a safe sensible secure way of working to keep yourself safe as a lone worker.
- The importance of dynamic risk assessment.
- Personal safety planning relevant to current role.
- Examine what skills drive an effective and beneficial two way conversation.
- Reflect on our listening skills and the 3 different levels of effective listening.
- Explore the different feedback models.
- Gain confidence in dealing with difficult conversations.
- Deescalating difficult conversations.
- Valuing and sharing information in professional settings and understanding the limits to confidentiality.
- How to navigate the electronic world as a professional including social media.
- Professional behaviours, morals and ethics in focus.
- Differences between personal and professional relationships.
- Practical shared discussions and tests of boundaries and thinking about what is and is not 'professional'.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Support Worker Skills
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.