Using a structured support plan approach improves the overall outcomes for the service user. Having a support plan allows us to demonstrate the work we are doing with service users. This is especially the case if we can share the plans and involve other agencies.
Many of our service users are chaotic in their lifestyles. By using support planning and bringing some structure to their lives we can help to reduce the chaos and become a stabilising factor.
This reduction in chaos can help reduce stress for workers and service users by moving from crisis led support to pro-active support.
Good support planning allows staff to jointly managing endings – when working with a service user it is much easier to manage the end to that support if you can plan for the end as you work towards a support plan.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Stages of support planning
- Comparing support plans
- SMART Goals
- Applying both hard and soft outcomes
- Understanding why support planning is important
- The emotional impact of change
- Joint support planning
- Appropriate risk taking
- Problem Solving
- Understanding change and how to support change
We can use existing organisations initial assessments within the practical elements of this course or use our own best practice example support plans.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Support Planning
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.