A risk assessment is devised to ensure the safety of staff, customers and the public as well as to protect the interests of the organisation
Providing professional staff working in support settings with the skills to identify and recognise risk and how to put clear management strategies in place. Effective risk assessment and subsequent risk management is paramount when supporting vulnerable individuals with complex needs. By exploring the stages of risk assessment staff are able to devise appropriate and manageable risk management strategies specific to each individual service user.
Course Outline / Objectives
- How to prepare for a risk assessment
- Discussing risk with services users
- The considerations for obtaining and managing a wide range of information
- Appropriate management in respect of accuracy and relevance
- Who is at risk (Risk to Staff, Risk to Self, Risk to Others)
- Likelihood, Consequence, and Probability of a wide range of risks
- Mitigating Factors
- Trigger Factors
- Recording your findings
- Reviewing risk
- Ensuring appropriate and proportionate risk management strategies
- The three stages of risk assessment (Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Management)
We can use existing organisations initial assessments within the practical elements of this course or use our own best practice example support plans.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Principles of Risk Management
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.