Our Challenging behaviour course aims to equip staff with the ability to recognise early signs of challenging behaviour. It also supports staff to build a ‘toolbox’ of options they feel confident in using to overcome the behaviour and work with the service user in a positive way.
The course starts with an assessment of the potential for problem behaviour and dangerous situations. It demonstrates how attitude plays an important part in the delivery of quality support.
Participants learn how to listen to a customer in a more effective manner, gathering the information necessary to select the correct course of action. In order to test the level of co-operation that can be predicted from a client, participants learn the important technique of Generating Co-operation.
Common difficult behaviours that are being faced, can be managed by following the SMART Principles - enabling staff to remain calm, supportive and professional, while utilising highly effective yet non-abusive skills.
Course Outline / Objectives
- Definitions of challenging behaviour.
- Types of challenging behaviour.
- Impact of challenging behaviour.
- External and internal influences on behaviour.
- Assessing behaviour.
- Behaviour support planning.
- Supporting staff and reducing stress.
- Factors relating to causes of challenging behaviour.
- Results and outcomes of challenging behaviour.
- Identify a range of behaviours, desirable and undesirable.
- Identify values to your approach in managing behaviour.
- Considerations, short and long term strategies.
- Generating cooperation.
- Positive strategies to encourage positive behaviour.
- Respond to scenario based questions and situations about the possible function of behaviour and how its managed.
This course is independently accredited for content and quality by CPD
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
View Certificate »
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Managing Challenging Behaviour
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.