An accurate assessment allows us to make informed decisions about how we can best support a service user and if our service is right for them
Successful work with service users' needs a partnership approach. We need to understand their views their own needs. An assessment is there chance to tell us how things are for them.
The assessment is the start of a relationship with the service user. At the assessment stage they will start to form their opinion of the organisation and the relationship they will have.
Service users should finish their assessment feeling:
-That they have had a fair assessment
-That they have not been judged
-That they have been treated with dignity
If done well, assessments should strengthen a person’s own motivation & commitment to change, whilst also giving you the correct building blocks to form a thread to guide you through supporting individuals.
Course Outline / Objectives
- How to prepare for an initial assessment
- Facilitating an appropriate setting
- Communication Skills (Transactional Communication)
- Internal and External Barriers
- Creating a shared purpose
- Seeing people first
- How well do you listen
- Frame of reference
- Dealing with sensitive issues
- Assessment approaches
- The Questioning Model
- The Procedural Model
- The Exchange Model
- The importance of language (and body language)
- How to ask questions
- Building an effective relationship
- Conflicting objectives (yours vs theirs)
We can use existing organisations initial assessments within the practical elements of this course or use our own best practice example support plans.
What you can expect from all Taye Training courses
- Practical exercises to help you to embed your learning
- High quality training resources
- Training delivered by experts who have practical hands-on, real-life experience of the subject
- Accelerated Learning methods used throughout
- The opportunity to network
- Plus much, much more. Contact us for full details
Send Enquiry » Initial Assessment
To use this form simply fill in your name, email address, phone number and then add the subject and your comments and click 'Submit Enquiry'. Wait a few seconds and you will see a green success message if the message was successfully sent. If not, you'll see a red error message advising you what to do. To clear the form, just hit the reset button. We'll usually call you back within a few hours of receiving your enquiry.